3 Zim umpires in ICC International Panel

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

3 Zim umpires in ICC International Panel

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

http://www.newsday.co.zw/2013/01/08/icc ... n-umpires/

Russel Tiffin and Owen Chirombe can continue with the on field umpiring assignments, while Jeremiah Matibiri can take the third umpire role.

aydee

Re: 3 Zim umpires in ICC International Panel

Post by aydee »

It would be good to see some Zim umpires make it to the elite panel. Most of the umpires in Zim (Tiffin aside) are quite young by umpiring standards, so they may have time to progress...

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Great news for my two former high school teachers. No prices for guessing which school. Chirombe was a metal work teacher whilst Matibiri used to take us for P.E.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

ICC has finally updated the International Panel list for Zimbabwe. Joining Langton Rusere and Iknow Chabi are Christopher Phiri and Forster Mutizwa.

Russell Tiffin has retired and Jeremiah Matibiri has moved to Australia.

How long has Mutizwa been umpiring? He was playing at the Mountaineers just last year and all of a sudden is on the International Panel.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I read somewhere that Langton Rusere is umpiring in the NZ India ODI series. Big for him

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm
ICC has finally updated the International Panel list for Zimbabwe. Joining Langton Rusere and Iknow Chabi are Christopher Phiri and Forster Mutizwa.

Russell Tiffin has retired and Jeremiah Matibiri has moved to Australia.

How long has Mutizwa been umpiring? He was playing at the Mountaineers just last year and all of a sudden is on the International Panel.
Mutizwa hasnt been umpiring for long. He actually made his debut just this season. Its all part of the Takashinga succession plan. Dont be surprised to see Shingi Masakadza as an umpire in the near future, Chigumbura will be the Team Analyst.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

The Makoni Muppets. You’re in charge and make your club the only one that anyone can succeed from and then pat yourself on the back for a job well done :lol:
I wonder how much he charges ZC and then pays himself for hire of Takashinga facilities?

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:28 am
The Makoni Muppets. You’re in charge and make your club the only one that anyone can succeed from and then pat yourself on the back for a job well done :lol:
I wonder how much he charges ZC and then pays himself for hire of Takashinga facilities?
Was legit about to say this , I just saw Namibia has 3 emerging umpires named in the icc council . Seems they are taking cricket seriously and leave all politics away from cricket the way it should be . How hard would it be for Zim to poach a few Namibians , dangle the carrot of test cricket . They would Probaly get payed more for Namibia anyway 😂😂
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

The guys to keep an eye on are the South Africans, it’s amazing how many of them have Zimbabwean heritage.
The fact that they’re not interested in Zim is another matter, but if we were running smoothly you’d be amazed at how many Frikkie Van Der Back Axles had been born in chivhu and Gweru.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We could have an entire team of people speaking Afrikaans. :lol: