Ian Nicolson playing in England

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Ian Nicolson playing in England

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Took 7/35 last week. It's become more and more apparent that ZC need to reschedule their domestic season. Maybe switching the times of the National League and Logan Cup would do... but to have this conflict with England's domestic season is causing the standard of competition to be lower than what it should be.
brmtaylor.com wrote:
Ian Nicolson causing a stir in England
http://www.brmtaylor.com/news-67.html

The Halifax Courier reports that former Zimbabwe under-19 star Ian Nicolson has been the cause of a complaint made to the local Towergate Halifax League in England. Nicolson has been said to be "too good" for the English league.

Nicolson last played top level cricket for Southerns during the Metropolitan Bank Twenty20 tournament 2 months ago, a match in which he conceded over 15 runs per over at the hands of Brendan Taylor (85* from 60) and Elton Chigumbura (62 from 30). He has also played a lot of First Class cricket for North West province in South Africa in the SAA Provincial tournament, and Midlands in the Logan Cup. From 11 matches, he has taken 27 wickets at an expensive rate of 4.67 runs per over.

Blackley club captain, David Townsend, compained to league officials after Nicolson took 7/35 against his team, who were all out for 56. Supposed to be an all-amateur league, Nicolson has been since cleared to play considering he has not been a paid professional in the past 2 years and holds a valid British passport. Keith Goulden, the assistant secretary of the league, explained that Nicolson paid his own air fare to England so he could play cricket.

Townsend complained that his supposedly strong batting lineup could not handle the raw pace of Ian Nicolson, bowling at 130 kmh.

Nicolson's club, Luddenden Foot, scored 108 batting first, and defeated Blackley by 52 runs. Chris Whipp backed Nicolson up well, with 3/17.

Also in England on the club scene at the moment are stars Terry Duffin, Ryan Butterworth, Craig Ervine, Douglas Hondo and Piet Rinke.

aydee

Re: Ian Nicolson playing in England

Post by aydee »

Another promising player unavailable...

I think you're right about rescheduling the domestic fixtures in future years. That way, ZC could actually welcome players going to England for the summer (like they used to), as this is a good way for them to gain experience in foreign conditions.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

you could just see how vaulable it would if been if the two seasons weren't scheduled during the same time.
At the moment it would be good if the likes of hondo, Ireland and nicolson where playing in the logan cup.

aydee

Post by aydee »

andy24 wrote:you could just see how vaulable it would if been if the two seasons weren't scheduled during the same time.
At the moment it would be good if the likes of hondo, Ireland and nicolson where playing in the logan cup.
Sadly, I don't think Ireland would be around in any case, as he has retired from Zim...

iannicolson

Post by iannicolson »

im still available at the moment im just touring the world playing for who ever wants me and pays the right price

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

...and I believe that's our first post by any current player.

Welcome, Ian - please do hang around!

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

please saty in zimbabwe cricket ian you will get your chance

iannicolson

Re: Ian Nicolson

Post by iannicolson »

hi guys sory i havent been on in a while, im currently in australia playing club cricket and next season i am going to play in the premier division in cardiff,wales
at the moment i dont plan on going back to zimbabwe to stay as we all know that certain individuals at the top are still their and cricket is not being run properly until such a time i will be playing elsewhere, i still wish to play for zimbabwe and am very eager too play its just that the standard of cricket is a joke both domestic, logan cup when they last played and all others included, the national side is a joke as i know their are ex zim players in the country just waiting for a change so they could come back , anyways keep well ian

TP ruswa

Post by TP ruswa »

Nico man keeping tabs on your oz escapades m happy for ya....hope you will be around again next year man coz after w.p here m most likely to go to Perth with Samaz.....