Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup 2020 - 21 : Discussion

Post by Googly »

He's a good cricketer.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nobody wants a 100 in batting friendly conditions against nothing really threatening in the bowling dept. Top batters would have filled their boots this week.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:15 pm
Nobody wants a 100 in batting friendly conditions against nothing really threatening in the bowling dept. Top batters would have filled their boots this week.
I think the Mountaineer's and Eagles had decent bowling attacks, but I agree with you about the Tuskers v Rhinos game.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Anybody on the ground able to tell us who looked good with bat and ball? I'm keen to hear how Wez looked with the bat and how Evans looked when he took those 4 wickets.

Didn't know he could bat by the way, a good solid 43 shows promising signs

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

No james bruce is he not around anymore? And mupirawa?

Bad news for Nkosana Mpofu not playing for Tuskers. Red ball is his game given his scoring rate! Is he injured?

Very interested to see how Tshuma and Mudzingyama go this LC to see if they are the real deal

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Bad news for Nkosana Mpofu not playing for Tuskers. Red ball is his game given his scoring rate! Is he injured?

Very interested to see how Tshuma and Mudzingyama go this LC to see if they are the real deal
Tuskers have a decent batting line-up, not sure Mpofu could get in the top 7, Bright Phri had a good NPL. The younger Taffy Mupariwa is playing grade cricket in Aus.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:07 pm
ljriley90 wrote:

Tuskers have a decent batting line-up, not sure Mpofu could get in the top 7, Bright Phri had a good NPL. The younger Taffy Mupariwa is playing grade cricket in Aus.
Just had a quick look at his Aus stats. 8 innings 192 runs this season at 24 in the tasmania 1st grade. That's going to be a very high standard.

Wonder how burnt his bridges will be with ZC. Is that the same with Musakanda - I saw he was in Aus. And I know Innocent Kaia was there too but has he returned home too?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
ljriley90 wrote:

Just had a quick look at his Aus stats. 8 innings 192 runs this season at 24 in the tasmania 1st grade. That's going to be a very high standard.

Wonder how burnt his bridges will be with ZC. Is that the same with Musakanda - I saw he was in Aus. And I know Innocent Kaia was there too but has he returned home too?
I think it is more of a chance to develop his cricket. His older brother Tawanda is also playing in Tasmania so I imagine he hooked him up with a gig. Innocent Kaia is back in Zimbabwe.

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
ljriley90 wrote:

Musakanda wasn't playing nearly as high-standard cricket as Mupariwa down in Tassie, he was in NSW playing country cricket. I'm sure there would be some handy cricketers over there but nothing like the proper grade standard. He probably would have got picked to play in some country carnival stuff but left a bit early...

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I doubt tassie is that high a standard.
They have a small population of half a million people. Their domestic side is always 50% or more expats from other states (usually NSW-population 6mil).

It was known as the place to go if you couldn’t get a gig for nsw or your state or there’s too much competition in your spot.

They do recruit well but I doubt their first grade stuff would hold a candle to the rest of the state. These do vary a lot on Australia

I knew a kid who couldn’t get higher than 6th grade in nsw so went to Adelaide/SA and played seconds. He had no natural talent so I’m surprised he played seconds.

Average well in nsw first grade, then you have our attention.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*