ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: ZC Corruption Scandal - Heath Streak

Post by sam_ahm »

The official statement made by ZC on the matter is not professional at all. I have not seen any board dish out such strong words against their own player be it PCB, BCCI, CSA, CA.

Very unprofessional.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

:lol: :lol:

Wasn't that insulting. Genial I'll take.

I did come across rather keen the other evening

Donald

Post by Donald »

This Mukhuluni guy 😂😂
He acts like he is judge jury and executioner and is very pompous and pias. He did the same thing to tatenda taibu when he made y the George Floyd comments last year and did a rather wicked character assassination on him which is there for all to see.
Yes heath streak is a chump and should never have done this but there is such a word as contrition, Something Mukhuluni and sibanda know nothing about as well as acting with class.
They are all taking glib delight in this and should be ashamed of themselves.
Did they ever take action against utseya and his bogus coaching qualifications?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Good point.
They want to act high and mighty yet hired the smurf fraud.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I’d love to hear all these absolute thieves explain what they actually do to earn 10-20k a month salaries, while berating Streak in this fashion all while the poor simp franchise players get 350 a month. String them up in town

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I am fighting the good fight against these clowns on Twitter, but it is tough, they are too numerous sadly.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 pm
I’d love to hear all these absolute thieves explain what they actually do to earn 10-20k a month salaries, while berating Streak in this fashion all while the poor simp franchise players get 350 a month. String them up in town
To be fair this is how a large corporation works in the US. The executives get huge salaries and signing bonuses on top of tax cuts, while the average worker gets "minumum wage" because they don't have any marketable skills. If the franchise player who averages 30 in the Logan Cup had skills worth more than 350 a month, they'd have an IPL or CPL contract worth 100k, wouldn't they?

Such income inequalities will exist unless there is an external power (ICC sanctions or mandates) to ensure a more "socialized" distribution of the funds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:22 pm
I understand the way ZC have handled this and made statements isn't good but the way most people here are sounding pro-Streak and anti-ZC, isn't good either.

I think it's time to move on, ESPNCRICINFO states "A young cricketer from an economically disadvantaged background, reported Agarwal's approaches to ACU", if a young, poor bloke can do that, Streak should have done better, seriously.

It also states players in Bangladesh trusted Streak and hence got into contact with Agarwal, Shakib, then the captain of Bangladesh cricket team was one of the 3 players Streak introduced to Agarwal... All this is quite serious guys, and this is not at all good on Heath's part.

Having said all that, I will continue to be a Heath Streak fan for his cricketing abilities, people make mistakes, what is important is that we learn from them. I hope Streak gets a chance to redeem himself in the future.
No, people are not defending Streak. You have to understand that he was an inspiration to a whole generation. People are finding it difficult to comprehend and are trying to deal with it in all different ways. No one has however said what he did was right.

The issue now is the attacks on Streak by those from his own country. Mukuhlani, Sibanda, Chamu all kicking a man whilst he is down. That is not how one reacts or responds. They are revelling in this situation and they literally do not care the impact on Zim Cricket or the fans who suffer through it. Look at how Cricket Australia handled the ball tampering. Some may argue that it is as serious offence as what Streak did if not more, as Streak did not actually affect any outcomes. In saying that CA were cordial, diplomatic, and did everything they can to help the players where they needed it.

The punishment and the incident are enough for Streak to live with. There is no need for all these ZC guys to dig the knife in deeper. Sibanda attacked Adam Theofilatos for something Adam never even said.
eugene wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 pm
I am fighting the good fight against these clowns on Twitter, but it is tough, they are too numerous sadly.
I deleted my twitter ages ago, but thinking of creating a non personal one. Might come join the fight.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Tavengwa mukuhlani has been in power since 2015. That's 7 years he will want another term. He will be in power for the next 10 years that stupid board will keep voting for him.

I hope we don't qualify for the world cup 2023. If. We do there will be another decade of mukuhlani in power. He only cares about that 20k a month.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimstarr wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:29 am
Tavengwa mukuhlani has been in power since 2015. That's 7 years he will want another term. He will be in power for the next 10 years that stupid board will keep voting for him.

I hope we don't qualify for the world cup 2023. If. We do there will be another decade of mukuhlani in power. He only cares about that 20k a month.
It won't matter buddy, they'll rig the election and carry on like they always do
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement