Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Post by Googly »

He might have had to sign that he wasn't going to bowl bouncers :lol:
You don't want an accurate fast bouncer from him.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya a 120 pitch is about right, enough in it for both disciplines. The difference is in the preparation, the clay won’t change at all really a few tracks over the square.

Mills has shocked me making the whole tournament injury free :lol: he is the man in the shortest formats. I’d set up for 150 and risk looking foolish, 120 won’t kill you.

Evans has come good. He has got enough about him to make a good future.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Smeed is an interesting player. Only 21.
He was one of the Somerset young guns that effectively sidelined Ed Byrom. Banton, Green and Smeed.
Smeed then elected to just play white ball and is now on the circuit. He hasn't done well here, but finally looked in good touch last night then inexplicably went out. Same as Banton. They have not found it easy. The bowling has been of a high standard, but if you give these two lads a couple of games on a flat deck they are magnificent to watch.

What I find interesting is even these good players swing and miss quite a lot. I guess it means the pitch is a bit up and down (more down).

I see Ed Byrom still hasn't played a game for over a month now after being hit by Tynmal Mills. He must have a bad injury.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:48 am
Ya a 120 pitch is about right, enough in it for both disciplines. The difference is in the preparation, the clay won’t change at all really a few tracks over the square.

Mills has shocked me making the whole tournament injury free :lol: he is the man in the shortest formats. I’d set up for 150 and risk looking foolish, 120 won’t kill you.

Evans has come good. He has got enough about him to make a good future.
Mills shouldn't get injured. 90% of his deliveries are 120. :lol:
But its in your head that you can get a rocket.
Hes a clever bowler. Probably the highest paid bowler on the planet if you work out what he gets paid per delivery. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Last night we saw Ervine finally not give Chatara the final over. He had one brilliant final over that won them the game but as a rule too wayward. He keeps taking wickets though.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

“At the same time, Lahore Qalandars will second five fast bowlers to our domestic competition – these are genuine quick bowlers that will be bowling around 140km per hour,” he added.

“If you followed the (World Cup) qualifiers you would have noticed that we succumbed to express bowling in our game against Scotland and now we will leave no stone unturned to make sure that we have that calibre of fast bowlers in our setup."

God, I love this from ZC.
When was the last time they focused so minutely at the problems in hand?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:31 am
“At the same time, Lahore Qalandars will second five fast bowlers to our domestic competition – these are genuine quick bowlers that will be bowling around 140km per hour,” he added.

“If you followed the (World Cup) qualifiers you would have noticed that we succumbed to express bowling in our game against Scotland and now we will leave no stone unturned to make sure that we have that calibre of fast bowlers in our setup."

God, I love this from ZC.
When was the last time they focused so minutely at the problems in hand?
Did you mean qalandars will send five fast bowlers to zim domestic competition?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Great news if true. The counties don’t allow their bowlers to ever play here so we always end up only with overseas bats. Some different bowlers would really add another dimension .

Googly

Post by Googly »

DuPavillon is the guy our bowlers need to watch.
He's a small guy by fast bowler standards and he absolutely steams in. He's an incredible athlete. You can see its 120% effort. Our dudes amble in by comparison.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, Qalandars will also allow Zim U19 and Women's team to make use of all the facilities at their high performance centre and Pakistan's upcoming fast bowlers will play in Zimbabwe's domestic competition. They will also help ZC in revamping Takashinga Cricket Club.

I've read all this on Qalandars' twitter handle.

I've become a fan, will support Lahore Qalandars at the PSL!!!