Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:10 pm
Here's an idea folks! I've lined myself up with a lot of work for the next couple of weeks so that I don't have to follow this farce. Try it, it might be good for your health :)
The two sixes by Regis & Craig were worth watching though. Watching it for the seniors as the youngsters like Blessing are warming bench or boycotting.
Was worth following it anyway :)

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 pm
Rajput must be feeling vindicated.

But on a serious note, there is no way Shumba should be playing T20s. He can be a much better bet in tests and ODIs. He has the game but not for T20s. Imagine Taylor in place of Shumba today. I hope it happens in the next game.

Secondly Chatara is terribly out of form, Blessing in for him the next game.
Marumani also needs to go. Waste of balls and also encouraging for the opposition He has played in the last 7-8 T20s and his batting has been pathetic. Blindly swinging the bat will get you an odd 4/6 if lucky, but if we look at his scoring rate, the opening spot is not for him. We want the best batsman to face most of the bowling and being an opener the expectations would be high.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

BugsBunny wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:29 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

But on a serious note, there is no way Shumba should be playing T20s. He can be a much better bet in tests and ODIs. He has the game but not for T20s. Imagine Taylor in place of Shumba today. I hope it happens in the next game.

Marumani also needs to go. Waste of balls and also encouraging for the opposition He has played in the last 7-8 T20s and his batting has been pathetic. Blindly swinging the bat will get you an odd 4/6 if lucky, but if we look at his scoring rate, the opening spot is not for him. We want the best batsman to face most of the bowling and being an opener the expectations would be high.

marumani and shumba must be persevered with. There is no one else. These guys are 19/20 and you are all expecting them to score 50s after a couple series. Zimbabwe are now entering transition. it will be tough but these guys will undoubtedly improve.

Good to see Jongwe and Ngrava bowling well after the BD series where they looked out of form sometimes. Regis has also shown he has improved signifixantly.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm
Where are all the guys now that are always complaining about the coach? You can't deny that in the last 3 or 4 series, our T20 game has improved considerably. I remember when we used to get regularly blown out in T20 games but the last few series we could have easily won... Shows how little some people here know about cricket
I'm right here mate, not gone.
I wouldn't say we won rather Ireland completely capitulated and had the biggest brain fart in cricketing history. Our team selection was appalling today and our bowlers managed to claw this back. Jongwe looks like he's turning into a more thsn handy LO bowling option. Burl again with the ball and Wellington has made me eat humble pie once again, excellent from him.
The batting was a shit show though and yo leave out arguably your greatest ever white ball batter just shows how shit Rajput is as a coach.

Don't think that just because we scraped him here he's forgiven and has turned things around. Win the series and then we'll discuss

That's the problem with some posters on here that foolishly believe that "white" equals better. Always recommending white captains, white coaches, white players and think that will solve the team's problems.

Results wise, this coach is not far off others before him and in fact, the team has improved in the T20 format. Setting aside whatever personal issues he has at the moment with a few players (who are old and retiring soon anyway), his criticism has been a bit harsh and shows the lack of basic cricketing knowledge from a lot of guys on here

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Chakabva has really stood up over the last 6 months. What an incredible transformation. I really can't wait to see how the big 4 and Chakabva play in the ODIs.

Any news on Blessing? All I can say is that if they were struggling with the bounce Ngarava was getting then Blessing is going to be a real nightmare for them. Chatara is done

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

also circinfo says burl bowled a googly.....what??

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm
Where are all the guys now that are always complaining about the coach? You can't deny that in the last 3 or 4 series, our T20 game has improved considerably. I remember when we used to get regularly blown out in T20 games but the last few series we could have easily won... Shows how little some people here know about cricket
I'm right here mate, not gone.
I wouldn't say we won rather Ireland completely capitulated and had the biggest brain fart in cricketing history. Our team selection was appalling today and our bowlers managed to claw this back. Jongwe looks like he's turning into a more thsn handy LO bowling option. Burl again with the ball and Wellington has made me eat humble pie once again, excellent from him.
The batting was a shit show though and yo leave out arguably your greatest ever white ball batter just shows how shit Rajput is as a coach.

Don't think that just because we scraped him here he's forgiven and has turned things around. Win the series and then we'll discuss
Spot on Sloan

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This game was like the equivalent of Ymnaidu and mueddie having a debate.

This wasnt a loss but barely a win.

And make no mistake, Ireland sabotaged themselves the last over. Craig young may have been in if he dived, mccarthy kept doing unneeded scoops and backing away to full tosses outside off.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:45 pm
This game was like the equivalent of Ymnaidu and mueddie having a debate.

This wasnt a loss but barely a win.

And make no mistake, Ireland sabotaged themselves the last over. Craig young may have been in if he dived, mccarthy kept doing unneeded scoops and backing away to full tosses outside off.

lmaooooo surely mueddies is better than ymnaidu. Where is secretzimbo?

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:38 pm
BugsBunny wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:29 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

marumani and shumba must be persevered with. There is no one else. These guys are 19/20 and you are all expecting them to score 50s after a couple series. Zimbabwe are now entering transition. it will be tough but these guys will undoubtedly improve.

Good to see Jongwe and Ngrava bowling well after the BD series where they looked out of form sometimes. Regis has also shown he has improved signifixantly.
Shumba is a way better player than Marumani in terms of controlled batting. Take a look at the Marumanis scores below as an opening batsman for the recent matches
11,10,9,0,13,8,7,3,27 and 1.
Clearly the opening spot is not for Marumani for time being. He can possibly come in 6/7th and then have the wild swings.