Breaking... Taylor retires

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chetanpatel1981

Re: Breaking... Taylor retires

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

I am not happy with his retirement.
As of now there is no replacement I am able to see for Brandon Taylor.

He is one of my favourite.

Lossing of good players will damage our cricket.

We need to understand the difference between talent vs product.

Myres and madhvere are example of talent, but Brandon Taylor is exanple of Product.

At cricket, talent will not work but product will definitely work.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:34 am
Yes, we could see this coming for about a year now. Given the approach BT had towards the matches, it was obvious that this was round the corner. But he could have done this at a home series though, with the home crowd bidding him good bye.

It was definitely more scary to hear the news about Williams and Raza as they still have a couple of years to offer (whether they do or not is another story altogether). But a great career nonetheless. Best wishes to him in his post retirement endeavors. Hope he can gets those 110 runs (or at least the 69) he needs to create history today...
Why 69 ?

MGN

Post by MGN »

Truly heartbreaking news. But why now when there's lots of matches scheduled in the coming days . I still remember his debut match against Srilanka when he was 18 years old.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Damn, dark day for Zimcricket, can't help but celebrate the career of one of the worlds most stylist, effective batsman. He did his part, contributed greatly to keep Zimcricket relevant. A man for big occasions, focused on the job, just a bloody brilliant sportsman. ZC would be stupid to let his expertise go to waste. Hopefully he can be involved in coaching club and youth level (his letter cites his exhaustion with travelling).

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 pm
As a zimbo this is so upsetting. He’s above cricket - he’s a national hero to me and many others in this country. Without doubt Zim’s greatest white ball player of all time. This sounds mad but I’d rather all of Raza, Willo and Slug retire than BT - that’s how attached I am to the great man. My favourite cricketer of all time.

Desperately disappointing and I’m not sure I can even bring myself to watching the game tomorrow knowing it is his last.

Rajput’s legacy is one of chaos and disaster. Nepal fans should be worried. Mutendera and Hammy too - surely them dropping him from the T20’s was the final straw.

I’m very upset. Where do we go from here?
Hear hear!!

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:50 pm
Xlife wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 pm
So many people here simping for Taylor, y'all need to grow a pair... Yes, he has been a great player for Zimbabwe and should be remembered as one of the legends.

BUT at the end of the day, he is old, he has proven multiple times that he is not loyal to Zim cricket, he has clearly been unmotivated for a while (I've mentioned this several times before), he is unfit, he is unhappy, and the time for him to retire was always coming... Why are people surprised?

Time to focus on developing the exciting young crop of batsman we have and move forward. Perhaps Taylor can contribute as a coach in the future?
This is a largely stupid take based on some fact, no offence.
He should be there until the next WC
Yep, agree 100% with ZimDoggy, Taylor is a whole different class of player, should have been convinced to push on until the next WC or at least set up his "retirement series" on home ground. In an era where players use the U19 pipeline to leverage county cricket, Taylor, who is waaaay better than any of those guys, chose to stay and make his bone, single-handedly winning Zim some games, went toe-to-toe vs Australia, India on the worlds biggest stage and prevailed. Show some damn respect

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Also the weather is looking very terrible there again today. Such an anti climax for him to retire in a wash out. He should at least be convinced to play his last odi in Harare.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tej_27 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:34 am
Yes, we could see this coming for about a year now. Given the approach BT had towards the matches, it was obvious that this was round the corner. But he could have done this at a home series though, with the home crowd bidding him good bye.

It was definitely more scary to hear the news about Williams and Raza as they still have a couple of years to offer (whether they do or not is another story altogether). But a great career nonetheless. Best wishes to him in his post retirement endeavors. Hope he can gets those 110 runs (or at least the 69) he needs to create history today...
Why 69 ?
10000 international runs across formats.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Look guys, selection issues are there in every damn country.

Recently Ashwin was kept out of the entire test series against ENG. Aamir has not been picked for T20 WC by Pak, Root has not been picked by ENG. Faf, Immi and Morris have been left out by South Africa, Ross Taylor is dropped by NZL. I can go on.

I do agree that most of these teams have a big talent pool to choose from though, but it is not quite the case with Zimbabwe but still. Brendan has given so much to ZC, just non selection for T20s or issues with the coach should never have been a reason to retire.

And it is not like he is completely ruled out of T20 selection. He might as well be selected for qualifiers.

I have great respect for Taylor, but this decision is not correct.

Jayb

Post by Jayb »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:12 am
Look guys, selection issues are there in every damn country.

Recently Ashwin was kept out of the entire test series against ENG. Aamir has not been picked for T20 WC by Pak, Root has not been picked by ENG. Faf, Immi and Morris have been left out by South Africa, Ross Taylor is dropped by NZL. I can go on.

I do agree that most of these teams have a big talent pool to choose from though, but it is not quite the case with Zimbabwe but still. Brendan has given so much to ZC, just non selection for T20s or issues with the coach should never have been a reason to retire.

And it is not like he is completely ruled out of T20 selection. He might as well be selected for qualifiers.

I have great respect for Taylor, but this decision is not correct.
Sam shut the fuck up. This decision is the correct one. He has had to put up with nearly 20 years of this bullshit; his house being broken into, his wife getting grabbed, board crap, incompetent coaches. If ZC had the slightest bit of decency they would let a legend of the game finish on his terms, they wouldn't force him out of T20 like he's just some middle order plodder. This dude is a national legend. I haven't been on the forum a while, but felt every fucking indian retard that can't spell properly saying it's the wrong call needs to be set straight. It's the right call, theres only so many times you can poke a bear before he explodes.

Taylor will be remembered as our greatest ever white ball batsman and possibly the most talented ever player to play for Zim. These ZC cunts are so determined for control they'll even anally penetrate our legends and force them out of the game to maintain their top dog status. Their distopian view on reality will only eventually kill the game in Zim. If they only worked with BT and co, they would grow and advance the national team and the game. They don't give a shit about that though, only pillaging all of the coin possible from the ICC and sucking on each cocks, backslapping each other and saying what a great job their doing. Total bullshit.