Raza new T20I Captain

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Raza new T20I Captain

Post by Pat_Bee »

Craig is class but t20 isn’t his best format, it’s a sloggers game. Welch replace him?

Raza reads this guaranteed. Bet he’s always googling his name. He ain’t separating compulsion from anything. It’s nice he got the gig in some ways after being such a great servant but it is an accident waiting to happen. They’re grooming Wellington for the gig long term but don’t want to risk him yet because it will look bad when it all goes wrong at the qualifiers.

Dave is further embedded in the system. Was interesting to note Gazza Brent and Mary-Anne 👌🏻 will remain in post pending a review after their qualifier. ZC have little faith and their heads are half on the block.

Vic Falls will happen sooner or later, all that ICC dough burning a hole in various pockets.

Cartwright, Muyeye and Eddie Byrom?! Can’t be srs yo. More chance of 40 year old BT making his come back. Muyeye especially. Not even handing over Naqvi’s millions would be a tempter for him. He’s England’s golden boy for the next 15 years and knows it. Sit back on the gravy train knowing he’s the Wes of England.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Cartwright is probably the only real possibility. I don't see why he is not an option, especially if we do things in the right way. It's clear we don't have the quality all through the squad and rely on select few individuals. We need reach out to the likes of Hilton. I don't think it would take much to get him back.

We could also do with getting rid of the whole, "Have to play in Zim to represent Zim" policy. We can't afford that policy. It's not viable for where we are at and where we want to get back to.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Just to be clear, you cant play for Zim AND play in Eng/Aus. Unless they signed him as an overseas which is extremely unlikely, especially in Aus.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

DH said in a recent podcast that Nick Welch was only added to the squad at his request. I would be surprised to see him selected for the T20 qualifier if that was the case.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Interesting. He’s made some good runs but when does logic ever play a part in selections.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 am
DH said in a recent podcast that Nick Welch was only added to the squad at his request. I would be surprised to see him selected for the T20 qualifier if that was the case.
At least it shows that they do listen. He didn't do too bad but ideally it would have been better if he played a season. The good thing is the limited overs season is actually very short because of these back to back games.

A lot of politics at play. I wonder how Ben Curran feels. I know he hasn't really shined yet but he has been given 0 special treatment. In the back of his mind he must have noticed that the "local" County player was given special treatment.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Needs to up his game, it’s a ruthless cut throat business playing professional cricket. Unless you’re part of the takashinga crew. Or rich.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:29 am
Just to be clear, you cant play for Zim AND play in Eng/Aus. Unless they signed him as an overseas which is extremely unlikely, especially in Aus.
I'm aware of the rule, I'm saying it's dumb

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:08 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:29 am
I'm aware of the rule, I'm saying it's dumb
Well it’s not within ZC’s power. It’s an ICC rule.

Donald

Post by Donald »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:31 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 am
At least it shows that they do listen. He didn't do too bad but ideally it would have been better if he played a season. The good thing is the limited overs season is actually very short because of these back to back games.

A lot of politics at play. I wonder how Ben Curran feels. I know he hasn't really shined yet but he has been given 0 special treatment. In the back of his mind he must have noticed that the "local" County player was given special treatment.

No special treatment going on at all. Nick has scored runs in the 2022 edition local 50 over comp and doing so again. Also had a very good NPL.